"Can I just rent your gear?"
Tips before hiring your next prompter operator...
- Do they teleprompt full time, or is it a 'side-hustle' for them?
- Do they own their gear, or do they rent for occasional jobs?
- Do they have high-brightness displays, which are much more expensive to buy, but also much easier to read on set?
- Do they use professional software, which is much more expensive to buy, but also much more reliable on set?
Tips before going the D.I.Y. teleprompting route...
- Source rental house/gear
- Hope gear is in good condition
- Pick up/return before/after job
- Hope it works with your set up
- Learn hardware & software
- Hire someone to run prompter
- Not having backup if gear fails!
I've since worked with Al numerous times and every time I'm so grateful that I found him. His ability, professionalism and overall demeanour is such an asset on any set, big or small. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ARprompt to anyone who wants the comfort of knowing that their teleprompter will always be top notch as well as a pleasure to work with.