"Can I just rent your gear?"
Tips before hiring your next prompter operator...
- Ask these important questions before hiring your next prompter operator:
- Do they teleprompt full time, or is it a 'side-hustle' from their real job?
- Do they own their gear, or do they rent for occasional jobs that come up?
- Do they bring backup equipment, or are you out of luck if & when there's a technical issue?
- Do they use high-brightness displays, which are MUCH more expensive, but also much easier to read?
- Do they use professional software like TeleScript AV™, which is MUCH more expensive, but also much more reliable?
Tips before trying to do it yourself...
- Source rental house/gear
- Hope gear is in good condition
- Pick up/return before/after job
- Hope it works with your set up
- Learn hardware & software
- Hire someone to run prompter
- Not having backup if gear fails!
I've since worked with Al numerous times and every time I'm so grateful that I found him. His ability, professionalism and overall demeanour is such an asset on any set, big or small. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ARprompt to anyone who wants the comfort of knowing that their teleprompter will always be top notch as well as a pleasure to work with.