- Please use the 'send request' form for a current ratesheet or a project-specific quote. As long as we're not on set, you'll hear back ASAP. Rates are competitive and include backup on crucial gear*. Please share some shoot specifics like:
- Location (Toronto or elsewhere)
- Indoor or outdoor
- Live broadcast or pre-record
- Length of day(s)
- Camera/tripod type you're using
- "To-camera" or interview-style prompting
- Approx. distance from subject to camera
- *Special requests? Need wireless for dolly shots or handheld? Need "off-grid power" for outdoor work?
"Can I just rent your gear?"
Ask these questions before hiring your next prompter operator...
- Do they teleprompt full time, or is it just a side hustle from their rental-house or camera op job?
- Do they own their gear, or do they just rent for occasional jobs?
- Do they have multiple displays for different scenarios, or are you stuck with their single prompter size?
- Do they bring backup equipment, or are you S.O.L. if (and when) there's problems?
- Do they use high-brightness displays, which are MUCH more expensive, but much easier to read?
- Do they use professional software like TeleScript AV™, which is MUCH more expensive than an app, but much more reliable?
Tips before trying to do it yourself...
- Source rental house/gear
- Hope gear is in good condition
- Pick up/return before/after job
- Hope it works with your set up
- Learn hardware & software
- Hire someone to run prompter
- Not having backup if gear fails!
I've since worked with Al numerous times and every time I'm so grateful that I found him. His ability, professionalism and overall demeanour is such an asset on any set, big or small. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend ARprompt to anyone who wants the comfort of knowing that their teleprompter will always be top notch as well as a pleasure to work with.